The Saint-Georges , Hotel & Brasserie in the heart of BurgundyThere are regions whose name alone evokes the treasures of ancient and contemporary architecture, culture and culinary heritage. Burgundy is one such, rich in centuries of history and landscapes shaped and enhanced by the hand of man... The Saint-Georges Hotel is the ideal base for travelling around this world-renowned region.
Chalon-sur-Saône, a Burgundy town
From its very distant past - the foundation of the city dates back to more than 3000 years - Chalon-sur-Saône has kept <br /> the dynamism of an open market town.
A naval base thanks to its proximity with the eponymous river, the crossroads of different trade routes - the big medieval fairs were unmissable events-...
The Burgundy town is rich in remarkable cultural and architectural heritage.
Wander the streets and the busy docks on foot or by bike. Discover the medieval façades, the Saint Vincent cathedral, the museums. In any season and for all ages... A delight for lovers of history and curious minds eager for new encounters.
- Saint Vincent Cathedral: A beautiful neo-Gothic façade
- Nicephore Niepce Museum : the origins of photography
- Home of Nicephore Niepce: where the brilliant inventor lived...
- The heritage space: a permanent exhibition to really get to know Chalon-sur-Saône
The Saint-Georges on the wine route
They are known around the whole world and delight the most demanding gourmets: the wines of Burgundy. 150 miles through a unique wine-growing region, from Chablis in the north to Mâconnais in the south, through 100 world famous appellations. Even its climate is part of the World Heritage of Humanity since 2015!
Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Aligoté, Gamay... Four grape varieties to delight in. Head out on the discovery of these landscapes and these castles marked by the passion of people for their land and their profession. A gourmet pleasure!
Chalon-sur-Saône lies at the heart of a remarkable natural region. It is ideal for family holidays punctuated by varied walks and other outdoor activities...
- The Saint-Nicolas rose garden: five hectares, more than 26,000 roses, some 600 species!
- Cycle paths and green lanes to explore the region
- The Saône river by boat: Time for a walk or a cruise, discover the treasures of the river. 250 miles of navigable waterways lined with beautiful landscapes, picturesque villages... unforgettable!
- The Saône river for fishing fans: 2,500 miles to practice all forms of fishing. Beautiful days lie ahead for enthusiasts!
- Golf at Chalon-sur-Saône In the Saint-Nicolas park: 18 holes and a 9-hole pasture course. Training facilities, equipment rental, lessons and courses, individual or groups.
With the family
Chalon-sur-Saône and its surrounding area is full of activities for the family. Sports, the open air and a good mood are on the programme!
- Acrogivry, adventure in the forest : a fan of excitement? Discover the greatest adventures in the forests of Burgundy over 18 secure routes, with more than 160 aerial challenges and 12 zipwires, including a giant 250 metre-long zipwire, as well as one route nearly 25 metres above the ground. Booking recommended .
- Saint-Nicolas Leisure Park : one hundred hectares comprising a health route, an arboretum, sports facilities (football, baseball...), a yacht club, a rose garden and a golf course. The park also marks the start of the green promenade, running for four miles along the left bank of the river Saône!
- The geo-botanic garden : 8 different regional landscapes.
- The Cycle routes and green lanes to explore the Saône-et-Loire region.